Owning and operating a bar can be an exciting business. Every day and night offers a new experience. Along with the excitement, however, comes risk. Complete bar insurance in San Francisco includes appropriate property and liability coverage to protect the good times and insure against the bad.
Scope of Liability
An establishment owner may buy liquor liability as a stand-alone policy or as an endorsement to an existing or new policy. Coverage may include:
- Bodily injury
- Legal defense
- Employee use
- Mental and emotional damage
- Property liability
It is good to remember that server education programs and risk management planning can help reduce both premiums and loss.
Building a Plan
When considering coverage, there are questions to ask to determine exactly what kind of specifics apply to your business. A short list may look like this:
- What is the value of the fixtures, property, and contents of the business?
- What is the expected percentage of sales attributable to alcohol?
- Will there be games or diversions?
- Will the business employ a vehicle?
- Will the business serve food?
- How many employees will be on the payroll?
When planning for thorough bar insurance in San Francisco, it is a good idea to consider natural disaster insurance that covers earthquakes, flooding or both. Other additions may be business interruption insurance in the case of unforeseen disaster and network risk coverage for issues regarding technology.